Blog Archive

That was me, freshman year (left photo). 235 lbs



That was me, freshman year (left photo). 235 lbs

Now I’m a senior , and I graduate on wednesday. 135 lbs

The reason I’m posting this, is because I spent an entire summer at the gym every day. Trying my hardest, to lose weight.

‘bryant, was it hard going to the gym everyday? wasn’t it painful?’ 

Well, I was already going through pain by being called all sorts of names that related to being overweight.

so why not just go to the gym? 

deal with more pain for a few months, maybe years and try to make a change?

Well, it all happened Summer 2008 when I was on myspace, working on html being stupid and making my profile look cool. 

My apartment complex had a gym literally in front of my apartment door. 

So one day I decided to get off my butt and go on the treadmill. worst pain ever.

keep in mind, i never took time to exercise and I always ate so much junk food.

Did I feel like giving up the first two days of exercising? Yes, it hurt bad.

What kept me going everyday? .. it was time for a change. I kept thinking to myself “I know I can. I know I will”

I spent my entire summer without hanging out with friends, or being social on the internet. 

The gym became my bestfriend.

I started to feel better, I could breath better. Clothes fit me better.

It was 2009 when sophomore year started. 

People were shocked. They couldn’t believe how different I looked.

That of course, made me keep going.

I began to eat healthy, because it only made exercising easier.

As some of you may know, I’ve been vegan for a long time now. Is it for the trend? absolutely not, It’s because my body is used to living this way.

If you read all of this, wow that’s awesome. If you didn’t, then ..oh well!

I just want to let you all know that anything is possible if you put your time into it.

Don’t depend on others to hold your hand through life. accomplish your goals.

I sure didn’t have a gym partner all these years and I still don’t. 

Why? well, people always come up with different excuses.

Follow your dream, don’t let anyone bring you down.

if you have any questions, feel free to leave a message in my ask box.

-Bryant Eslava