Blog Archive

Favourite Nail Polish Remover (Elianto, Stage, Etude House)

There are so many nail polish remover to pick out there. How would you know which will work best for you? For me it is all about trial and error. Everything that has to do with makeup is (as far as I could remember)..


In picking nail polish remover there are few things I do keep in mind as a guidelines
  • I want every single cent to be worth it, so I usually buy nail polish remover that is on sale because I use them up quite fast.
  • They have to work really good despite how cheap they cost. Another reason why I always buy things that are on sale ;)
  • They have to be gentle to my hands as they are gentle on my purse. It is better to opt for nail polish remover that is acetone free (though I haven't come across any) because they are gentler. On the downside, it may take longer to remove your nail polish compared to the acetone nail polish remover. I love glittery nail polish and they are pain in the ass to remove and with non-acetone nail polish remover it will take years!
  • The scent of the nail polish remover have to be good as well. The stinky scent of nail polish remover often come from acetone. Not to worry, I did come across few nail polish remover that smell good even with the existence of acetone in them.
Here are the three brands that I often go for. I purchase them interchangeably depending on which is on sale (I do the RM/ml calculation to find how much I can save.lol)


Etude House
 RM7.90 for 100ml  (if I'm not wrong)
Sweet Floral and Fresh Floral Nail Wash




Elianto
RM10 for 100ml
Strawberry and Grape Colour Remover
Stage Strip Show
RM18 for 190ml

Pros:
  • All the nail polish removers are affordable especially during sale. Stage is having promotion now til end of August, 2 bottles of Strip Show for RM12!!!
  • Good scent. The scent does not sting as bad as the other nail polish remover I tried previously.
  • Easily accessible in Malaysia especially Elianto
Cons:
  • How I wish they would be more gentle. They are relatively gentler compared to most I have tried but since I use them pretty often it does affects my cuticles. I guess that is why they came up with hand cream.
Conclusion
I believe the cotton pad used to remove nail polish does help in getting rid of the nail polish more efficiently. My favourite cotton pad will be from Guardian, Facial Square with non-woven protection layers.