Blog Archive

Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm with SPF25

Smooches anyone? 

credit google
Sexy lips aye? Wish you have one? :P

Having a pretty lips doesn't mean you have TO HAVE the killer pout like Jolie (I wish for one) because having the killer pout accompanied by chapped lips is totally not sexy... 
Imagine kissing someone with chapped lips.. ewww.. you might end up with some of the dead skin in your mouth. yucks!

So far, I never come across anyone who reviewed this except my favourite Youtube guru. I take her words on how awesome this product is and decided to grab one. I went to Sephora in Starhill on the first day they open their door to the public but sadly this lip balm was not available. They do carry other famous products from Jack Black, one of it is their hand lotion. I am not too sure on the availability now. You have to inquiry within. I bought mine from Sephora Ion, Singapore for SGD10/ SGD11 (can't recall).


They Promise:
 Shea butter and avocado oil deliver moisture while vitamin E and green tea contribute antioxidant fortification. For powerful sun protection, PARSOL and Octinoxate team up to block both UVA and UVB rays.

What I Say :
Jack Black products are designed for men, hence the coolness of the packaging ;D Up to date this lip balm is working wonderfully. I love the fact that it keep my lips moisturized the next entire day if I applied this before I hit the sack. Not to say that none of my lip balm or EMC did the trick but this is special. The moisturized benefit last longer than other products I've tried and it stays on for long hours (provided you don't take any food). For some, the thick feeling might be a turn off :/ 

I purchased the Natural Mint & Shea Butter SPF25 (sadly they only have this option in Sephora Ion), right after applying you will feel the coolness for approximately 5 to 10 minute. For mint lover this would be great! I tend to avoid any minty type of lip balm because they made my lips chapped and dried out even more but with Jack Black it is different ( I guess because menthol is not listed as one of the ingredient?)♥ 


The lip balm have minty scent and it has minty taste as well.You can definitely feel a layer of product on your lips but it is not as sticky as lip gloss. Don't have to worry about your hair sticking to your lips ;P

Ingredients: 
Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Avobenzone 3.0%.
Other Ingredients: Natural Mint, Shea Butter (butyrospermum Parkii Fruit), Avocado (Persea Gratissima) Oil, Green Tea (Camellia Sinensis) Leaf Extract, Tocopeheryl Acetate (vitamin E).

Pros:
  • Really moisturizing (depends on individual).
  • Long lasting. Unlike EMC, when I woke up it is gone.
  • Squeeze tube, more hygienic than the pot or the solid type I guess.
  • SPF25!! That is high! Even my EOS only have SPF 15 ;(
Cons:
  • Some may find it to be too waxy.
  • Some may hate the thick feeling.
  • Packaging definitely not for the girly pink lover ;P
  • Not stated whether it is suitable for sensitive lips..
I said "some" because they are not my main concern when it comes to lip balm.
Conclusion:
Definitely worth trying if the brand is easily accessible! ;D I kinda like it A LOT but not head over heels with it yet. Just because I don't have serious problem with my lips..

Extra Tips
To get are healthy beautiful looking lips here are some tips I would like to share. This may work on people who have a normal lips condition ;)

  • If you have dry cracked lips, avoid lip balms that contain menthol. It will sting you like crazy!
  • Look for products that contains Vit E as they are intensely moisturizing ;) Shea Butter or Cocoa Butter will do the tricks too ;D
  • Don't use petroleum jelly everyday as your lips will rely on it as a barrier. If you stop using your lips will be more dry and chapped. 
  • The usual, DRINK plenty of water.
  • Use nourishing lip balm no matter what the weather is.
  • Use a soft toothbrush to get rid of the dead skin by scrubbing it gently with the help of a generous amount of lip balm. I personally do this at the end of my shower, instead of using lip balm to soften my lips the warm water will do it for me.
  • Make sure your diet contains Vit C because it speed up skin healing process!
Now start smooching!
Credit to google
Sorry for not updating as often. Was busy with studies but now I am back! I thought of doing EOTD with my Inglot Palette but I left it in KL! Argh! And thank you dearies for all the personal emails and messages you girls, & guys sent to me. I really appreciate it and they made my day! XD
Muackss!
XOXO.