Blog Archive

UNII Palette

I am pretty excited about this post! These are the palettes that I've always wanted to own. When I first saw them in one of the millions videos in Youtube I know I must own at least one! Well I did! And in fact I bought 2! I am such a happy girl now =D
At first, I thought of ordering it online straight from US. Because they don't have it in stores and no one in Malaysia is selling them! Plus their website ship worldwide. After weighing the pros and cons I didn't go ahead with my plan. I am super broke these past months due to make up and one palette with shipping will cost me around RM160! Darn! So I resort in buying 2 Elianto's palette at RM11.50 each, cheap huh?

I did survey the palette from MAC. MAC palette is retailing for RM55 and can fit 15 eyeshadows. You can actually fit 24 MAC shadows in it if you remove the insert ( pan slots).. I don't really like the MAC one. Because they don't have mirror and I don't like to travel with separate mirror in my make up bag. Hate it!That is why I bought palette from Elianto. What if, I brought along separate mirror and that day I am being so clumsy (I am actually. Every day) and break the mirror and then all the glasses poke me and then I bleed and then I have to go to the hospital and then I can't go club? So how???? 


I am not sure whether you've heard of the Z palette or not. But Z palette are awesome as well! They have clear lid! I love that! And they come in gorgeous prints like Zebra and Leopard! That is so ME! But too bad so far I have not found anybody in Malaysia selling those. =( Sad sad! And they are priced at USD20 I think. Which is so expensive!! Size wise they are the same with MAC ( the bigger ones) but they are made of thick hard cardboard. Which is not so good in the long run. And only magnet closure.
credit to Z-Palette

Now, let me show you my UNII Palette. But before that let me show you how is the packaging first!
I will tell you where I bought my UNII Palette later on, so make sure you continue reading! =D

This is how my package look like when I received it. Well it was wrap with poslaju plastic as well but I tore it apart before I even managed to snap a picture. I was overly excited!
This is the box.
This seller is super damn nice lo! In my 2 years experience buying stuff online, never a seller provide such a nice box as a packaging! A new one some more! I am super grateful for all the effort the seller put in to make sure all my palettes arrived safely to momma =D

See even have the foam thingy (I don't know what is it called..) with paper to reduce all the impacts my pretty palettes might suffer from the long journey! And not only that! She even individually wrapped the palettes with bubble wrap!!! How nice of her! Seriously! If I have 3 thumbs I will give her all three. All five together with my toes!

 

Let me reveal the beauty of my palette =P Tadaa!!! The sticker follows the color of the palette inside.

I ordered Pomegranate and Eggplant.
The packaging design is just awesome! Even got tutorial on how to depot your make up one leh!!! AWESOME!
*click on the picture if you want to read what is on the card*

Comes with magnet which had been pre-cut into 3 strips.  See the colors of both palette! Aren't they AWESOME!?! I think I used awesome way too much in this post =P


This is the front part of the palette. The Eggplant at the back shows the back part of the palette.

This is how they look inside! =D


The square thing is a thumb press. Which will give you a better grip when you hold your palette which I think is not really necessary but okay to have one. I can fit one more eyeshadow if I take it out. 

The palette actually have rubber gasket which you can take out for cleaning purposes. The rubber prevents your make up from hitting the plastic edges which can caused them to crack. Another plus point. if you keep the palette in your bag with your drink and it spill, not to worry the water won't be able to get in your palette because of the rubberized rim.. YAY!

The steel part can be taken out as well. If you clean, just make sure you wipe it dry and cleaning with water will do. Cleaning it with abrasive cleaner can caused the steel to get rusty and you certainly don't want that! 


Aren't they pretty???

I am not so sure how many MAC eyeshadows can you fit into it(should be more than 10). I guess you have to find out yourself. Or when I do I'll let you guys know =P But for NYX it will be around 14 =)
[updated 8.9.10. 14 MAC can eyeshadows can fit in the pallete =D]

And it is snap shut! =) Very secure, very durable. Really good for travelling. I feel that UNII Palette is more to personal use and is really really great for travelling!

These are the things included with the palette when you purchase them


• Magnetized Palette, so makeup pans stay put
• Adhesive magnetic sheet with writable labels 
• Large, full-sized mirror for the makeup on the go
• Movable thumb grip
• Tight, rubberized seal prevents leaks
• Fold-out instruction box
• Outer dimensions : 3.7"D x 6"L x0.7"Thick
• Inner dimensions : 2.8"D x 5.4"L x0.4"Thick



I bought these wonderful palettes of mine from Serendipity. I bought mine at a discounted price which is RM82. They were having 31% discount during Merdeka. And it is over now. Thank God I didn't missed it! I placed my order on the last day of the sale. Normal price is RM120. These are retailing at USD29. So pretty worth it if you buy from Serendipity.

Besides UNII Palette, they even have Egyptian Magic Cream, Lip Tars and much more. The Lip Tars are under Raya promotion now which you should really check out! I am buying 4! I heard they are really amazing, so I am going to give it a try. Wait for a review on it! =D Their stuff are definitely worth it and appropriately priced because you can't get it directly in Malaysia. Visiting them is a must!

PS: Next post will be about depotting my Urban Decay Skull Palette to my pretty UNII Palette.
Btw, I've tried my Urban Decay All Nighter. Will write a review on that as well. Soon. Pretty busy leh!

I am thinking of buying a good face primer. Any suggestion out there? I am thinking of Smashbox brand actually. I think it is called Photo finished?