Blog Archive

Monistat Chafing Relief Powder Gel as a Face Primer?

When I first saw this I fell weird as well.Monistat for face. Err?? Are you sure? For those of you who don't know, Monistat is pretty famous for cream. Women cream. Yeast infection cream. Doesn't sound too pretty does it? I know... And this one is actually meant for, when you wear bikini sometimes your inner thigh rub each other and they become red and sore (chafing?), this cream suppose to help with the friction because it dries to powdery finish.

I found out about this earlier this year when I was googling for face primer. There is this user in Lowyat who wanna bulk purchase this thing from the US but I guess nobody respond to her so she call it off. (I assumed)
I did mentioned about this product briefly in my previous post. This product is loved by many and in the market for quite sometime already but I just found out about it this year =P

I blog this especially for you the newbies like me =P
What make this thing work as good as other face primers is the ingredients. It has the main key ingredient used in high end face primers in the market which is Dimethicone

It comes in a squeeze tube form. 42g. I bought 2 via spree from the same seller who handle my Coastal Scent order.

The gel is a clear liquid gel. Not really thick formula but not in runny consistency either (I hope I get that right).  After applying, it leaves you with powdery silky finish. Really really really smooth finish. Which I personally like. I have pores on my nose, not so big but visible to me and this gel kinda cover that too. Now I don't have to get expensive pore minimizer like Benefit Pore-fessional since this one works for me. 

Based on my usage, this thing is good. If not because of what Monistat is famous for I think I would have probably love this more. 


Few thing you should know about this product:

It really works. My make up does stay on my face longer. This can be double up as a mattifier as well. It gives my skin matte look after applying. Matte look with super silky satin smooth finish! Really smooth!
No smell at all! Good I guess.
I don't have sensitive skin and my skin are combination skin. This doesn't gives me break out, no irritation. Basically only benefits. This is also super cheap! This is retailing in Drugstore.com for $7.99 for a tube. My seller quote it at RM40.50 per tube. Smashbox will cost $36! If you use this everyday  one tube could last you up to one month =D
You should apply this after your moisturizer. Please let the product set for at least 5 minutes before you apply you make up =)

For this price, you should at least try this product once in your life. If you don't like it then toss it out. I am planning to buy Smashbox Photo Finish primer but I guess I put that on hold first. I love this thing and I'm glad
 I tried it. You should give it a try as well. :) Really wallet friendly =P

The only downside is, I don't think they have this in Malaysia. Or do they? I tried Guardian, and Watson they don't have it. Please leave me a comment if you can get this in Malaysia. Pretty please =D
If you feel using this product on your face is embarrassing because of the Monistat name, transfer them into 5g jar. I did =P

Click here for a better review on this product!
One of the video review that made me think twice about buying other expensive primers..