Blog Archive

Depotting Urban Decay into UNII Palette

As I mentioned in my previous post. Here I will show you how I depot my eyeshadows :) I will explain briefly and I hope you get the point =)

Urban Decay eyeshadows or at least my Skull Palette is relatively easy to depot. All I need is a small knife. My Skull Palette is made out of thick cardboard, and that is the main reason why heat is not needed.  You can just take the pan out easily.

Here is my pretty Skull Palette. I just love Urban Decay design! In term of color pigment I think they beat MAC =P

This is the size of my Skull Palette in comparison with my UNII Palette.



And my Skull Palette have 9 colors in it.

To take the eyeshadow out, all you have to do is find the tiniest gap between the pan and the palette. Placed your knife in and wiggle. The eye shadow will eventually came off. Be gentle, being too rough might result in cracking. I'm not sure about other UD palette but for this one the pan that they use is definitely good quality, thicker than the pan in 78 palette I used to owned. 


When your eyeshadow is out. Clean the glue at the back of the pan so that your magnet can stick to the pan securely.

Cut the magnet into a size that will fit the back of your pan and peel off the double sided tap. Attach it to the back of the pan.


And label your eyeshadow for easy identification =D

After that place them all in your new travel palette!

AND 
....
......
.........

TADAA!!!

See.. I save a lot of space!I even can put in my Shu Uemura blusher. NYX Jumbo Pencil and a highlighter in! Still I have plenty of space to fill! Planning to buy shimmery blue, brown and matte black eyeshadow to put inside. Or a bronzer perhaps =D

Told you UNII Palette is really really practical! Love it! 

PS: I just received my 88Matte eyeshadow palette today. Not all matte aye? Hmmm... Received my Coastal Scent brushes and NYX Chrome Eyeshadow as well. So review on them will be coming up snail-ly. Hehehe


Let me know if you ever depot any of your eyeshadows before and how it went :)