Blog Archive

Pigments Pressing

Pigment pressing is becoming more common nowadays. You can make your own eyeshadows from loose pigments how cool is that?! Not only pressed eyeshadows are easier to travel with, they are really really pretty in colors as well !! However, I'm not too sure what are the differences between loose eyeshadow and pigments.Some said that they are both the same only different companies call them in different names but some insist that they are different. That loose eyeshadows are less "pure" compare to pigments. If you know anything about this, I would love to hear it from you! But both are definitely value for money. When you compare pigments or loose eyeshadow to pressed eyeshadows over the counter you obviously don't get to experiment ready pressed eyeshadow for other purpose. While for pigments or loose eyeshadow you can use them as a nail polish, lip gloss, blusher, etc..


I was really happy when I managed to press my own pigments =P So I'm going to show you how I did it :) Btw, I have no background in cosmetic or what so ever. So when I can do it, you can too =D

I am going to explain this briefly. You can watch the full tutorial from Enkore below =D


What you will need before you can start to press your own pigments are 70% Alcohol, small container for mixing your pigments, spatula, eyeshadow pan, pigments ( I actually use my NYX Chrome Eyeshadow)



Place some Loose eyeshadow into the container.Add the alcohol little by little into the mixture while mixing.

Add more loose eyeshadow if the mixture is too diluted. You want creamy paste consistency (well that's how I did it)

Transfer them into the pan. Place the mixture in the middle because the mixture will eventually fill the pan and it will be less messy. Let it dry for few minutes.

When it is dry enough just wrap a coin (same size with your pan will be perfect. If not anything will do like mine) and start applying gentle pressure on the surface.

Lastly, just let it air dry for few minutes. 

There you have it. Your own pressed pigments!
Pressing pigments are relatively easy but last time I seriously had no idea where to get rubbing alcohol. I only know I can get it in pharmacy. So I tried Watson and Guardian but they don't have it. They only have the wipes type. I googled and a girl mention I can get it at hardware store. So I tried Ace Hardware,  When I asked the salesman he look at me one kind. Dumbass! When I almost give up I tried Caring. Thank God they have it! I bought 90ml for RM2.40 But the pharmacist did mentioned that when they run out of stock they will discontinue selling the liquid form and only sell the wipes kind. Government want to standardize the packaging. So I bought 4 bottles back =P I wrapped it in cling wrap because I scared they will vaporise =(

So if you are interested in trying, purchase your alcohol in Caring pharmacy! =D




PS: Urban Decay Naked Palette is in Sephora Singapore now!!!! I hope I will be in time to grab mine. Because the RSVP list was damn long!!! If I managed to grab mine I'll make you drool over them. If I didn't I AM GOING TO SULK FOR A MONTH!!!