Blog Archive

The Brush Guard


Extra opinion on Brush Guard =D 
Some of the basic things that work for me.
You may find tons and tons of reviews on this product. Good or bad all depends on you =)
I just bought my second and third variety pack =) I purchased these from Princes Autumn a seller in Low Yat . 


One variety pack for RM23 
I got hooked on the first pack I bought. They have a lot of choices. You can buy in variety pack like I did which consist of 
1 Shadow/ Liner (ex.small)
2 Blush (small)
2 Foundation (medium)
1 Powder/ Kabuki (large)

 or you can buy one whole packet of certain brush guards of your choice for RM23 as well.
10 ex.small guards - Shadow/ Liner
8 small guards- Blush
5 medium guards- Foundation
4 large- Kabuki/ Large

For me this thing is amazing. Great for holding your brush upside down during drying process so that the water didn't flow back to the ferrule. They do maintain the shape of your bristles as well. 


Brush Guards are amazing if they fits your brushes perfectly. I have few different brand of brushes. The one I hate the most to use with these Brush Guards are my Body Shop brushes. 

 I did mentioned that Body Shop brushes are kinda weird in shape, where the ferrule is smaller than the end handle. Brush Guards are stretchable, so when you slide the net over, it will be stretch to the maximum at the beginning before it even reaches the ferrule and the bristles. When it reaches the ferrule the net won't fits the bristles snugly. And creating enough space to move will eventually results in fly-aways bristles. When you are facing this kind of problems it is important to keep your brushes in a place where the brushes won't be able to move much ie. in a make up bag. I keep mine in a zipped net compartment in my make up case.



My solution for keeping my Body Shop bristles safe is to cut the Brush Guards into a length that will fits the widest part of my brush's ferrule up to 1/4" over the bristles only. So that the Brush Guards can't slide back to the handle =D

(I am not responsible if you accidentally damaged your Brush Guard.)

Even though Brush Guards have specific measurement, they can basically fit brushes of any sizes. Because they are stretchable. They are stretchable but they are not elastic. To prevent fly-aways one important thing you have to remember is to never try to remove the brush guard by sliding it towards the handle!

Sometimes your Brush Guards may fray. It is okay, and moderate fraying will not impair the Brush Guards effectiveness. I had frayed Brush Guard once. I melted the end of the net with a lighter and pressed it quickly with my fingers to attached the fraying ends. ( I hope you get the picture. Not too good in describing + lousy english.)


I just love how the Kabuki Brush Guard fits my Kabuki brush perfectly! My Brush Guards fit my Ecotools brushes perfectly as well. =)


Summarized tips:
1. Select size that will fits snugly over your brush's ferrule. Make sure the Brush Guard can't slide back to the handle or crush the bristles.
2. Don't ever slide it towards the handle.
3. When you are drying your brushes or storing them check the bristles in case some of it got stuck in between the net. ( I always do )
4.For my Body Shop brushes, I cut the Brush Guards into a length that will fits the widest part of my brush's ferrule up to 1/4" over the bristles so the Brush Guard can't slide back to the handle.
5. If my Brush Guard frayed, I melted the end of the net with a lighter and pressed it quickly with my fingers to attached the fraying ends

I hope all the tips help! =D