Blog Archive

Urban Decay Book of Shadow Vol. 3

My very first Book of Shadows! 

Say hello to the iconic landmark of New York City! 



What they say about the palette (UDBOS3)

A playful, pop-up eyeshadow kit that lights up when you open it. Inspired by the glimmering lights and iconic landmarks of New York City, Urban Decay's Book of Shadows Volume III features 16 versatile, shimmering eyeshadows, two 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils, and a travel-size Eyeshadow Primer Potion. The pop-up book package is so cool and artful, you'll want to keep this scene of the Big Apple on display.

What will you get for SGD88?

- 16 x 0.03 oz Eyeshadows in: Loaded (sparkly emerald green), Kush (green metallic with silver glitter), Rockstar (deep red-purple with metallic base), Money (metallic light green), Bordello (pale pink-purple with shift), Radium (bright blue), Suspect (sheer sparkly beige), Snatch (pale peach with golden sparkle), Psychedelic Sister (vibrant purple), Haight (deep teal), Perversion (matte black), Uzi (metallic white with chunky silver glitter), Midnight Cowboy Rides Again (golden beige with glitter), Smog (deep coppery bronze)
- 2 x 0.03 oz 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils in Random (bright purple) and Zero (black)
- 0.13 oz Mini Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Original

What I say:

Love love love Urban Decay. I got mine in Sephora Ion Orchard, Singapore. In fact this is the last UDBOS3 they have from the first shipment. The SA actually congratulate me. LOL. UD have one of most wonderful pigmented eyeshadows, bright and loud and easy to blend as well. My dream come true to at least have one Book of Shadows. I missed Alice in The Wonderland palette =(

Similar with almost all Urban Decay palettes, this palette includes one travel size Urban Decay Primer Potion. Instead of one 24/7 Glide On Pencil, this palette has two!! Zero and Ransom.
Overall the palette is definitely value for money provided you don't have the same colour from other palette. I have 2 Smog and 2 Midnight Cowboy Rides Again now =.= But Smog is a pretty colour =D

A lot of people love the packaging. I don't. I'm neutral I can live with or without the packaging ( I guess I'm old). That is why I depotted all my eyeshadows into a more practical packaging ;p I don't know if some of the colours are similar to the one available in Book of Shadows 1 and 2.

When they call it Book of Shadows, they really meant BOOK of shadows! The packaging is sooo sooo bulky! More like a dictionary to me. Definitely not for travelling. But not to worry, we all have solution for that don't we? ;)

I am going to leave the packaging details for the pictures to explain. Now lets jump to the "side dishes" ;)

First and foremost. Presenting you 24/7 Glide On pencil. An eyeliner pencil that promise you smooth application and won't budge once set. No tugging the skin =D
Say hi to Zero (black) and Ransom (purple).


For me their eyeliner pencil is amazing but I can still find other substitute if I can't have 24/7 Glide On because it is expensive (one for SGD3X). I've tried Sephora eyeliner (will review soon) they are great as well. So does Loreal Hip Chrome eyeliner. You don't have to get this if its not easily available. For Malaysian you can get this in Lowyat Forum.


Zero- Black
Ransom- Bright purple with iridescence.

Next, is their famous Urban Decay Primer Potion. I've mentioned this countless time and here I mention it again. This work super amazing on ME. No creasing and making eyeshadow application easier. The drawback, the packaging. *shakes head*
Included is Original. Dries invisible.


Lastly, the eyeshadows!!. 16 of them! I truly love Urban Decay but somehow some of their eyeshadow is just a nyehh.... Seriously. The glitter is just too much. I need a solution on how to wear the glittery eyeshadow without having fallout! *continue reading*

The description given by them is good enough to describe how the colours will look upfront but I will try to describe them with my own words as I continue on.


Close up on the colours.


Here are the swatches. I forget to swatch Rockstar together with the other colours. So I kinda swatched, copy and paste it.


The glitter in most of the colours are not visible in the picture :(

Radium- A bright shimmery electric blue. A really striking colour. Not for the shy girl ;p
Snatch- Peachy pinkish colour with gold glitter. Do expect fallout.
Suspect- Light shimmery brown with sparkle. No fallout.
Psychedelic Sister- Bright striking purple. Shimmery and sparkly. No fallout.
Haight- Turquoise or aqua blue. Shimmery and sparkly. No fallout.
Maui Wowie- Gold with a hint of olive with glitter. Do expect fallout.
Smog- Shimmery bronzy brown. One of my favourite from the Naked Palette.
Bordello- Light pinkish purple with shimmer and sparkle.
Midnight Cowboy Rides Again- Shimmery champange with tons of glitter. Horrible fallout.
Last Call- Shimmery pinkish plum with sparkle. No fallout.
Money- Light dirty bluish green with glitter. Similar shade as seen on USD. Do expect fallout.
Perversion- Matte black.
Uzi- Very shimmery silver with tons of glitters. Horrible fallout.
Loaded- Dark forest green with sparkle. No fallout.
Kush- Striking shimmery green with sparkle. No fallout.
Rockstar- Dark plum with shimmer. No fallout.


9 exclusive colours (no single shadows available) Loaded, Kush, Rockstar, Money, Haight, Radium, Snatch, Suspect, Psychedelic Sister.





The only matte colour in this palette is Perversion (black) which is placed right neeeeext to Uzi! Uzi is the colour I hate the most in this palette. Since both are next to each other, it will be just a matter of time until my matte black turn into glittery black.
The colours I love the most in this palette will be all the striking bright and loud colours ;p Radium, Kush and Psychedelic Sister.


Here's a good one last overview.





The yay!
16 colours from UD is definitely a deal.  Plus you get two 24/7 Glide On pencil and a UDPP.
Gorgeous pigmented colours.
The nay =( 
Most of the colours are so glittery!! Not for the timid girl for sure. Crazy fallout from Uzi and Midnight Cowboy Rides Again (advisable to be applied with finger in patting motion to reduce fallout). Not a wearable daily colour. You might get repeated colours if you own other UD palette. 

Conclusion, is this a lust or a must for me? Lust. Well. if you love eyeshadows, I suggest you to buy buy buy ;p




Planning to get this palette? Or you have one already? Share with me!! I would love to hear ! =D