Blog Archive

Enchanted Glamourland by Too Faced

This post kinda long. Scroll down slowly. ;p


Last month I bought myself my first ever Too Faced Palette. It is from their Christmas(holiday) collection (I guess.), Enchanted Glamourland.
I guess I am loving their colors as well. What can I say I am a sucker for eyehadows. Wish I have more than 2 eyelids to put them on ='( or at least a super model so that
picture credit : makeupgeek. (their picture nicer than mine ba)

This is what they say about the palette:
>shack.us/img704/9822/mugstudiosession570901x.jpg" imageanchor="1" style="margin-left: 1em; margin-right: 1em;">
picture credit : makeupgeek. (their picture nicer than mine ba)

This is what they say about the palette:

An exclusive super set of Too Faced favorites for the eyes, lips, and cheeks, including festive, limited-edition shades for the holidays.

What will you get for SGD80? 

A palette worth USD145.
- 15 x 0.03 oz Eye Shadows in: In The Buff, Exclusive Nude, George & Weezie, Velvet Revolver, Honey Pot, Teddy Bear, Exclusive Purple, Boy Toy, Peach Fuzz, Exclusive Green, Label Whore, Glamazon, Exclusive Plum, Ooh & Aah, and Stiletto
- 0.35 oz Shadow Insurance primer
- 0.12 oz Glamour Gloss in Pillow Talk
- 0.08 oz La Vie en Rose Blush
- 0.14 oz Snow Bunny Bronze
- Three Get-the-Look instruction cards

What I say: 

This palette is amazingly gorgeous. Honestly I love the colours on this palette better than my Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol 3 (will review that soon). Straight to the point, some of the colours are unique.

Plus I am totally loving Too Faced for including 2 full size items! Their Shadow Insurance (eye primer) and Glamour Gloss in Pillow Talk (lip gloss). For a shopaholic or MU fanatics this is truly a fantastic buy. No?

The packaging didn't caught my attention. No joke. I might be one in a million who doesn't like girly packaging. ( I am more of a slogan girl ie The Balm) ;p No doubt the packaging is gorgeous AND ridiculously bulky.

When you open the packaging, three fairies will be there to greet you. As you can see, you have your blush here together with your bronzer.



La Vie en Rose Blush. A pretty pink blush with gold micro-glitter. Pretty I'd say. Fall out is unavoidable but since the glitters are so fine, they don't bother me so much.

(microglitters, micro-glitter or micro-glitters?)

As for the bronzer ( Snow Bunny Bronze) , you can have a nice shimmery highlight together with a light shimmery bronzing colours depending on where you actually swipe your brush =) I don't fancy shimmery bronzer..nyeh..




Both of them side by side. the glitter not noticeable huh?



Move on to their eye primer. Some prefer UD Primer Potion, some prefer TF Shadow Insurance. I couldn't compare both because I haven't really wear the Shadow Insurance out partying yet ;p  I know this is the main reason why I get this palette. I wanted to try out their eye primer.








Not a lip gloss girl but I do love this Glamour Gloss in Pillow Talk. The smell is sweet. Vanilla-ish. Yum yum... with minty, cooling feel on your lips. Definitely one of my favourite lip gloss (not that I have many). 






Texture is a bit sticky but no uncomfortable feeling. You don't actually feel that you have the layer of thick sticky lip gloss on your lips. Which I personally like. Plus, the lip gloss is a bit shimmery.  Contains gold and pink micro-glitters. Gives you the shine for extra pouty look ;p Yay to fuller lips! On the nay side, the brush might frayed a little when you pop it in and out too often =(




The swatches!


From my naked eyes (might be different through magnifying glass eh?) the palette contains 4 matte colours (in the buff, exclusive-nude, velvet revolver, teddy bear), 6 shimmery colours (boy toy, honey pot, exclusive-green, exclusive-purple, george&weezie, ooh&aah), 4 shimmery colours with obvious glitters (peach fuzz, glamazon, label whore, exclusive-plum), 1 matte colour with glitter (stiletto).




Close up for Peach Fuzz


most fav Label Whore and Exclusive (dark brown with purple glitter)

From this angle Label Whore is super gorgeous
Even though they are super gorgeous, Label Whore and Exclusive-plum (dark brown with purple glitter) are bitch to apply! The glitters just won't show up on my lids if I apply them normally. I have to be extra careful and use a fluff brush instead of paddle brush. When I use paddle brush, instead of transferring to my eyelids the glitters will all got stuck on the brush! Grrr!


Final close up




I have no idea whether this palette is still available in Sephora SG. You knowla how people can be super kiasu and grabbed everything thats labelled as MUST HAVE (I am talking about me. Don't get offended). If Sephora SG still have this, I will recommend this palette instead of UD Book of Shadows Vol3. You can create more looks with this, be it natural, party look, dinner look, or simply crazy dramatic look. This palette has what it takes to pull off those look (not saying that the wearer could)


I must say that this palette definitely have unique colours  =D Its mostly lust purchased but the bargain is too good to resist....
Yay or nay from me? I say YAY!

Need to ask something? Comment below or ask via the formspring somewhere on the sidebar. For detailed colour description ask me personally @ formspring.


picture credit: makeupgeek.


PS: as usual I got annoyed with the bulky packaging and depotted my Enchanted Glamourland palette into my white Unii Palette.


My yellow and blue is on the way! =D Now I have all 5 colours!