Blog Archive

Eyelash Extension

If anybody out there is getting tired with their own stick straight short lashes, don't worry. You are not alone. I have tried eyelash perming to enhance the curl of my lashes but I realized that it was a total waste of money. I got nothing going on there to curl. So I tried eyelash extension. I did mine last year in May. I tried to google for more info but I most of the info I could find will be on forum discussion like Lowyat.net or Malaysianbabes.net.
So I hope the info I am about to give will be clearer =D

Eyelash extension is pretty expensive to me. The last time I did it was RM150 buy one free one promotion in Sunway Pyramid. The promotion is only valid for first time customer, I am not sure whether they still have the same promotion going on or not. The beautician shop is a small shop inside JJ Nails, beside Adonis (if I am not wrong) on LG1.

To extend your eyelash, the beautician will use either synthetic, silk or mink eyelash extension and dip them into cyanoacrylate adhesive. ( I am not really sure what kind of glue she uses nor the quality of the extension) The single thread-like lashes will then be attached to the client's natural lashes. The steps will be repeated until all eyelashes are covered. The place I went for eyelash extension doesn't look professional enough as in she handles everything on her own. Like small business. No uniform, didn't sanitize her hand before handling client. But for the sake of saving money ( at that point of time that is the cheapest I could find ) I just ignore all negative factors.


The extension really made my eyelash look fuller, thicker and longer. And of course I received a lot of compliments as well. They look pretty natural and very light. If you want to look pretty, you definitely have to sacrifice something. It's true. To me there are a lot of restrictions and I don't like it. I feel the pros are lesser than the cons =(

So for you girls who have the same attitude like me I suggest we save our money to buy more and more fake lashes and use them every day rather than pay hundreds for this. 

First of all, rubbing your eyes is a total no. I have this habit of rubbing my eyes when I woke up and that is definitely not helping my eyelash extension to last long enough.
And the girl advised me not to wet my eyes when I wash my face. Excessive contact with water can loosen up the glue as well. How not to wet your eyes??? I followed her advise for 3 days then I got tired of being so very super careful. That is why my extension only last for 1 week. By right your extension can last up to 3 weeks without having obvious gap when the extension start to fall out.
I can't really use eye make up as well. Be it eyeliner or eyeshadow. Because make up remover will loosen up the glue, worse than water.. =(

Btw, false eyelash strip and using a group or tiny eyelashes is not considered as eyelash extension...

Despite so many restriction my eyelash extension actually last only about 6 days. Your eyelash extension actually shed one or two every time you wash your face, sleep etc. After 6 days I can see the obvious gap of long lashes and the short ones which is really really ugly! If I want my eyelash to look nice again I have to go for touch up and touch up is roughly around RM60. Imagine me spending RM60 every week?? Crazy! 

After 10 days I decided I had enough with my extension I start pulling them one by one. This is not advisable as it might result in you hurting your eyes and bald eyes (I mean eyes with no eyelashes) =P 

After going through eyelash extension once I realized to maintain them is pretty hard. I never want to pay for it anymore unless someone is willing to sponsor then it will be a total different new story by itself =D

But then again experience may vary depending on individuals
So girls, you decide whether it is worth it or not.