Mell Ben Restaurant

I'm not sure whether this restaurant is famous, but their Chilli Crab is amazing! Best I've tasted so far. But usually I don't eat crab outside. =P. I just don't like cracking the crab's shell while everyone is watching. The queue for walk-in is damn long!! Thank God they made reservation first! From what I saw the place is REALLY crowded! And quite alot of 'ang mos' around.

We ordered 3 types of crabs dishes. Chilli crab, butter crab, and bee hoon crab. 36 pieces of mini buns and 1 small bowl of rice and drinks. The butter one is really buttery. I like it but I'm on diet ='(, the bee hoon one is really special. Love it.
By the way, the restaurant is famous for crabs. So don't be shocked when you see every table ordered only crabs in different style of cooking like we did.
*One crab is quite big.*

Some pictures to feast your eyes. *forget the DSLR at home =( *

The Bee Hoon Crab. The gravy is a little buttery too but much lighter compared to the Butter Crabs.





Chilli Crab. The best. Enough spicy for my liking.


Butter Crabs.


First 20 pieces of buns. Not as nice as the one I had for my 21st Birthday.


There were 6 of us, 3 girls and 3 guys. Might not be that satisfying if you don't order rice, but for girls I think this portion is enough.
Bill came up to S$187.

Talking about the food, I almost forget to mention where you can eat the food =p. The restaurant is located in Ang Mo Kio Ave3, Street 22. Mell Ben Restaurant.

A little tips, do make call for reservation. We waited for ONE HOUR for our food to arrive.*sorry I dont have their number.* So imagine how long you have to stand if you walk-in. -_-"