Blog Archive

Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes Natural Waterproof Mascara

Included in the Set for Summer by Sephora, I am excited to try this out. 

This is formulated WITHOUT:
Mineral Oil
Phthalates
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
Synthetic Fragrance.
Petro- chemicals
Synthetic dyes

IT IS:
Dermatology tested
Clinically tested
Cruelty free.

"This mascara contains Skinvigorating™ ingredients such as beeswax, a natural waterproofing agent, mineral pigments, known for their soothing and softening properties, and carnauba wax, an emollient wax that ensures smooth application."

The wand is spiky yet not rubbery. I dislike the rubbery wand because they do not separate my lashes well (not that I have many but still..) The spiky wand helps in defining and separating my lashes make them look more visible. 

This mascara is great in creating that eyes as if you are no wearing any mascara. It is not as volumizing and lengthening as it claims (I guess it varies depending on your natural lashes). This would be great for those who already have long thick lashes and only need more definition. Even though I don't have long lashes I enjoy this as well as it gives very natural look.
Before mascara
After Mcara (two coats) Ignore the fall out. I've been rubbing my eyes like crazy.
Adding extra coat while the initial coat is still wet will not give any added length nor volume. To add length and volume, let the first coat dry and apply the next one. Repeat the step until you get the thickness and length you desired. On the down side, by adding extra coat all the way, they mascara may appear a little clumpy and will not be as natural as before. Don't worry, as the you use the mascara it will get drier the application will be a whole lot faster. It happen to me all the time. After opening, mascara will reach a peak point of its life where you feel they just do wonders with your lashes. (this is one of the mascara)

I didn't actually use this mascara under the rain or in the pool to test if it is really waterproof, but I've tried a lot of mascara and so far this is the only mascara that didn't gives me the extra dark circle I do not need! Awesome! I went clubbing with it, accidentally doze off with the mascara on and my mascara still look as pretty just like the night before!
Since this is waterproof do expect a little struggle in getting rid of it. Shu Uemura does a good job in removing this compared to my Maybelline eye makeup remover. This will not hardened your lashes and make them crunchy (if you get what I meant lol!), therefore your lashes wont break. 
Retailing for $19 in Sephora, sadly not available in Sephora Singapore or Malaysia.
Pros:
  • Defining mascara. 
  • Waterproof, last all day, did not create panda eyes.
  • Not clumpy only for the first 4 coats.
  • Dry fast when applied on the lashes.
  • Did not hardened the lashes.
  • Cruelty free.
  • Green packaging (not literally!LOL) Biodegradable, recyclable.
Cons:
  • Not as volumizing and lengthening as it claims.
  • Sitting under the label of waterproof mascara, this is a little hard to remove.
  • Start to get clumpy if too many coats were applied.
  • Did it keep my lashes curl all day? I am afraid nope.

Conclusion:
I would say this mascara is either a love or hate affair. Many of my friends prefer something that can make their lashes visibly thick and longer,if you fall in that category, this mascara is definitely not for you. However, if you only want to enhance what you already have, you should give this a try. Not only it define the lashes well, it last a long time without giving you panda eyes, it is said to help nourish those lashes too. I normally will reach out for this mascara now!


Have an awesome possum week ahead!