Blog Archive

Sleek Makeup I-Divine Oh So Special Eyeshadow Palette

Finally I got my hands on one of the famous drugstore cosmetic brand from UK, SLEEK MAKEUP. They are famous for their affordable, very pigmented eyeshadow and sleek packaging. 

All I can say is they are gorgeous. For the price this is really a bargain. I got mine with a help of a friend who is in UK. So I paid roughly RM34 (£6.49)
for Oh So Special. RM34 for 12 eyeshadow, a quad of Revlon cost the same! 


Their brand name really carries their product well.  Their packaging is super sleek and posh in my hand. Honestly, they doesn't look like a brand you would pick up from a local drugstore. They are that pretty! 
When I say I love their packaging, wait until you see their eyeshadow!






Aren't they gorgeous?


In this palette you gonna get a good amount of mattes and shimmery frosty colours. The colours range from natural soft shades to the darkest shimmery colour. There is something for everybody! Work or play this palette has it all. Which is pretty for everyday look.
Some of you may fall head over heel when you see the swatches. Don't say I didn't warn ya!


The colours are pigmented and easy to apply. They do not need much effort to show their colour even without primer. As most mattes, these are a little bit powdery as well. Except from being powdery ( which can be fixed with a primer) I have nothing much to complain. 


I somehow feel that the design pressed on top of the eyeshadow made the eyeshadow crumble easily especially if you are using brushes. If they have minimal design on the eyeshadow I think it would have been better. Plus the current design kinda look cheap and doesn't go along with the sleek packaging they have.


The pinks in this palette are the sweetest I have seen!! They are just soft and feminine.  Look at Pamper, Organza, and Gateau. They are beautiful!


Now look at the darker shades in the palette. They are so vibrant even without a primer.


All these while I only can see swatches and read reviews online, even on videos, their palettes look big. I was surprised to see how small they were. But I still love it and for RM34 I think it's worth it. For some of you who never saw the real thing before, here is a size comparison for the palette.
Actual size comparison. The palette in the picture is Acid Palette, swatches coming up.


Pros:

  • Another alternative for a cheaper and pigmented eyeshadow.
  • Mineral based eyeshadow.
  • Their packaging is really sleek and travel friendly.
  • Ginormous mirror!
Cons:
  • Mattes are a little bit chalky (all mattes are)
  • The design pressed on the eyeshadow make them crumble easily when you use a makeup brush instead of sponge tip applicator given.
  • Very hard to get a readily available stock in Malaysia and I believe elsewhere as well except the UK.
Conclusion:
I believe there are many other easily accessible eyeshadow brands that can match the quality of Sleek but Sleek are worth checking out. Especially if you are a makeup junkie!