Charlotte Hits the Pavement

If you were as lucky as me, you spent yesterday traipsing miles through the blazing streets of New York. Since graduatin', I've been working as a freelance reporter for a big city newspaper. But how does a gal reporter survive a heat wave, only like 100 degrees, without the aid of a parasol?

1. Duh, Sunblock!
I had a spare can of Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist sunblock with SPF 45 and Helioplex (TM) broad spectrum sun protection. Upon quickly spraying the sunblock on my limbs, the product formed a thin veil, leaving me to fret about my soon-to-be-burnt flesh. Luckily, the "weightless, clean feel" is a clever ruse by the masterminds at Neutrogena to make people like me worry. After hours in the sun, my skin didn't get burned. For maximum protection, reapply frequently on a scorching hot day or try a higher number, like Ultra Sheer Neutrogena sunblock in SPF 70 or 85.

2. Drinking Gallons and Gallons
Really, water should have been sufficient and it's advisable to avoid sugar liquids. I did drink a Snapple and a cup of root beer though, on top of bottled water. Sorry!

3. Hug the Darkness
I like hugging puppies and boys with glasses. Yesterday, I hugged the long shadows cast by the city's skyscrapers. It reduced at least some of the time spent exposed to my enemy, nasty UVA/UVB rays.

Phew, mercy! Someone's gotta install a swimming pool in my backyard.